This section of the Translational Research Laboratory is responsible for morphological assessment from the pre-examination stage (Tissue Microarray Slides) to the examinations themselves (histology/cytology, immunohistochemistry, immunocytochemistry, fluorescent in situ hybridisation [FISH] etc.).
It is engaged in cytological, histological and cytogenetic examinations forming part of the GUSTAVE ROUSSY Personalised Medecine Programme.
- Preparation of samples for ancillary studies in clinical trials or research studies (pre-analytic and morphological analysis).
- Testing for tissue and cell markers before inclusion of patients in targeted therapeutic trials
(eg: Immunohistochemistry (IHC) anti-CD26, FISH MET gene or FGFR gene, etc.).
- Studies (IHC-FISH…) of tissue and cell samples in the context of scientific projects (academic or commercial collaboration).
- Preparation and study of Tissue MicroArray (TMA) for research projects.
- R&D activity related to development of cytological and circulating tumour cell sampling in tumour characterisation.
The laboratory is in the process of receiving ISO9001certification.