The Gustave Roussy Surgical and Interventional Hub is responsible for surgical treatment of cancer in adults in the following specialties: gastroenterology, dermatology, ENT, breast disease, gynaecology and endocrinology, as well as surgical treatment of sarcomas.
The Hub comprises six departments:
- Visceral and Oncolological Surgery Department
- Gynecological Surgery Department
- Head and Neck Oncology Department
- Plastic Surgery Department
- Anaesthesia Department
- Operating Rooms Department
The surgical techniques practised range from minimally invasive surgery employing endoscopic techniques and reconstructive plastic surgery through to radical procedures.
Various innovative techniques are also in regular use. These include:
- X-ray guided surgery;
- localisation of sentinel nodes;
- complex hepatectomy procedures;
- intrahepatic radiofrequency ablation;
- treatment of peritoneal carcinomatosis by hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC);
- pseudo-continent perineal colostomy;
- surgery in irradiated fields (small bowel, pelvis);
- isolated limb perfusion for limb sarcomas;
- immediate post-mastectomy reconstructive surgery;
- salvage surgery;
- radical gynaecological surgery;
- technically sophisticated laparoscopic surgery (or videoscopic laparoscopic surgery);
- surgery of rectal tumours.