From Innovation to the Patient
In 2000, Gustave Roussy established its subsidiary devoted to development: Gustave Roussy Transfert.
The Institute is the majority shareholder in this limited liability company with a capital of 200,200 euros, which is intended to :
- Help researchers and doctors in establishing commercial and academic partnerships (negotiation and monitoring of contracts of confidentiality, transfer of biological material, research collaboration, provision of services, consortia etc.),
- Protect the results produced by and the expertise of the on-site teams,
- Develop and market innovations coming from Gustave Roussy, including those that are patentable and those that are not,
- Help other hospital centres or associations with their development policies.
Gustave Roussy Transfert is specialised in oncology. It facilitates the establishment of relationships with commercial partners with a view to the development of technological advances in oncology (chemical agents, software, medical devices, therapeutic procedures etc.), while maintaining the Gustave Roussy objectives (patient care, research and teaching) directed towards benefitting the patient.
Gustave Roussy Transfert is based at the heart of the Gustave Roussy campus. Its multidisciplinary team is, therefore, embedded in a rich scientific environment, well adapted to rapid interaction and frequent contact with researchers and physicians.
It has expertise in analysing the potential for development of inventions, in the management of patent portfolios, in the negotiation of licences and research and development contracts with commercial organisations and in providing support to new companies in all fields of advanced technology.
- Around 100 patents
- 6 companies founded
- More than 10 current patent and expertise licensing contracts.