Metabolomoics platform activities
This platform belongs to the Integrated Biology Platform
Mass-spectrometry is the core technology of our platform enabling to measure all potential classes of metabolites in both unbiased/profiling and targetted modes.
Open profilling is performed on a high resolution mass spectrometer (HRMS) coupled to ultra-high performance liquid chromatography (UHPLC).
Targetted metabolomics relies on multiple reaction monitoring (MRM) after separation by UHPLC or gas chromatography (GC) depending on the properties of the metabolites of interest.
In either mode, we routinely analyse amino-acids and derivatives, free fatty acids, acylcarnitines, nucleotides, co-factors, vitamins, neutral lipids, and members of the glycolysis/Krebs cycle pathways.
Our methods are applied to several types of extracted biological sample in a pre-clinical context such as biofluids and tissues from animal experiments or cultured cells (adherent or in suspension).
The platform integrates together all activities required in any metabolomics project from cell/tissue extraction, metabolites detection and measurement, data analysis and interpretation to dissemination of the results.
- Unbiased profilling of biological samples by UHPLC/QTOF.
- Semi-quantitative analysis of large panels of endogenous metabolites.
- Structural elucidation by High Resolution MS.
- Research of drug metabolism products by High Resolution MS.
- Quantitative analysis of candidate metabolites.
- Guiding scientists during the pre- and post-analytical steps of the metabolomics workflow .
- Help in defining questions and experimental design to answer them.
- Data processing of profilling experiments by in-house tools.
- Implementation of adapted sample extraction protocols.
- Statistical analysis, mathematical modelling and integration of metabolomics data.
- Data results integrated and ready for statistical analysis.
- Supporting biological interpretation in the context of the experiment.