International scientific council 2021
Gustave Roussy has renewed its Scientific Council in 2021, as well as the terms of its operation.
The Scientific Council is an external advisory committee that gives opinions and makes recommendations in response to requests from Gustave Roussy's management. It also expresses its strategic vision of the discipline and advises the general management on the desirable scientific strategy for Gustave Roussy. At the request of management, and for teams that are not included in the HCERES evaluation process (new teams, clinical committees, etc.), it evaluates the performance of existing teams, the opportunity to recruit future teams or leaders, and the progress of major ongoing actions, including medical-scientific programs.
Its semi-annual meetings (summer, winter) and the appointment of its members for four-year terms give the Scientific Advisory Board an in-depth knowledge of the organization and a long-term vision of its evolution and that of its teams.
Composition of Gustave Roussy's Scientific Council in 2021 (16 members):
- Elisabete Weiderpass, International Agency for Research on Cancer, World Health Organization, Lyon, France
- Giuseppe Giaccone, Weill-Cornell Medicine, New York, USA
- Patricia Blanc - Association « Imagine for Margo », France
- Robert Bristow - Manchester Cancer Research Centre, Manchester, UK
- Carlos Caldas - Cancer Research UK, Cambridge Institute, UK
- Toni Choueiri - Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, USA
- Kapil Dhingra (tbc) - KAPital Consulting LLC, Sparta, USA
- Douglas Hanahan - EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland
- Thomas Helleday - Sheffield Cancer Centre, Sheffield, UK
- Dan Landau - New York Genome Center, New York, USA
- Nuria Lopez - Institute for Research in Biomedicine, Barcelona, Spain
- Cristian Massacesi - Development Oncology R&D, AstraZeneca, Gaithersburg, USA
- Ignacio Melero - Clínica Universidad de Navarra, Spain
- Emile Voest - Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- Ian Walker - Cancer Research UK, London, UK
- Timothy Yap - MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, USA
- Antoine Yver - Centessa Pharmaceuticals , USA